Loved, Local, Trusted
Posted by Andrew Fouracre | 27/06/2013 | Category: Community Matters
The theme of this year’s Co-operative Fortnight is Loved, Local and Trusted which is what Co-operative stores are all about:
• Co-operatives share their profits with their members and local community
• Co-operatives give people an equal say.
• One in four adults is a member, that’s 13 million, and more than 5,000 independent co-operatives contribute over £35 billion a year to the UK economy.
• For every £1 spent in a co-operative, an additional 40 pence is generated for the local economy
• There are co-operatives in every postcode in the UK
• From credit unions to Co-operative Food, there are more than 14,000 co-operative outlets across the UK
• Where trust is low, like energy and food, co-operatives are thriving
• 8 out of 10 people trust co-operatives to act fairly; just 2 out of 10 say the same for business at large
• Co-operatives have grown by 20% since the start of the credit crunch
We’ll be sharing loved, local and trusted stories from our store managers across the Midlands. Have you got someone in your neighbourhood whose story you would like to share with us? Let us know about them in the comments section below.