Journey to a Job 2015
Posted by Jane Firth | 03/09/2015 | Category: Community
Are you aged 16-24 and currently out of work?
Do you want to increase your chances of getting a job?
Would you like to gain experience working in a retail store or a florist?
Want to practice your interview technique and get support with employability skills?
………All for FREE!
Working with Jobcentre Plus, Central England Co-operative are facilitating 2-day workshops across their trading patch during September 2015 that will provide young people like you with a helping hand in your search for a job.
Watch the short video below to find out more
The workshops are focused on providing you with an employers perspective on the best way to:
- find a job – Jobcentre, newspaper, web, social media
- get a job – CV writing, online application forms, interview skills
- keep a job – contracts, personal organisation, business etiquette
There is also the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in one of our stores.
Amy Chambers participated in the programme in 2013 and secured a permanent position within our Lichfield Store. Amy would encourage others to attend because:
- you’ll learn tons and BE CONFIDENT
- the experience makes you realise your future goals and ambitions
- it's an opportunity worth grabbing, and it's good fun
- it gives you a better insight in to getting a job – full of good information and techniques
Workshops are being facilitated in September in these locations:
Birmingham (15, 17, 28, 30)
Lichfield (9,11, 21, 23)
Glenfield (8,10, 22, 24)
Raunds (15,17, 28, 30)