Fairtrade Spicy Chai - Recipe
Posted by Nathan Lloyd | 05/03/2014 | Category: Fairtrade
This simple recipe for a spicy and slightly sweet Chai is perfect way to celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight.
• Preparation Time: Around 2 mins
• Cooking Time: 10 mins
• Serves: 4
• 600ml (1pt) water
• 2tbsp finely chopped root ginger
• 3 Star anise
• 6 Cardamon pod
• 6 Cloves
• 1 Large cinnamon stick, broken into 3 pieces
• Pinch dried chillies
• 2 tbsp The Co-operative Fairtrade honey
• 2 The Co-operative 99 Fairtrade Tea teabags
• 300ml (10fl oz) The Co-operative semi-skimmed milk
Place the water into a saucepan, add the ginger, star anise, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and chillies and bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the honey and teabags and simmer gently for a further 2-3 minutes.
Pour the milk into the pan and heat gently until the milk is warm.
Strain the chai into four warm mugs or cups.
If you prefer, you can also chill the Chai and serve cold.