Angry Apple Bites
Serves: 8 / Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: None
Bring your Halloween party to life with this quick and easy recipe for Angry Apples!
For the Angry mouth:
- Cut the middles out of each quarter of the apple to create a mouth. Don't worry about perfection, you are filling this gap with peanut butte, so if you cut too deep, you can always just cover it up and nobody will be any the wiser.
- Coat the inside of the cut gap with a filling of the peanut butter.
- Place 4 sunflower seeds on the top of the mouth for the teeth.
- Place 1 sliced strawberry inside the mouth for the tongue.
For the Edible Googly eyes:
- Cut slices of cheese as thick as you want your eyeballs to be.
- If using the zucchini or eggplant, cut off a piece of the skin approximately the same thickness as your cheese. If using olives, cut off the sides so they can lay flat as in the photo above.
- Using a large straw, cut large circles out of the cheese. Cut the centers out of your circles using the small straw.
- Using the small straw, cut pieces out of your olive and pop the little pieces into the cheese circle.
- Glue each eye above the mouth using a dab of peanut butter.
Hey presto, angry apples!
You will need:
- 2 green apples, each quartered
- Peanut Butter
- 32 sunflower seeds
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 homemade googly eyes per apple bite
For the edible googly eyes:
- Mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
- Black olives, zucchini or eggplant
- 1 large straw
- 1 regular straw
Share this recipe: