Chunky Chick Pea Soup
Serves: 4 / Preparation time: 20 minutes / Cooking time: 35 minutes
Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, add the bacon, onion and celery and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chick peas and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes. If you like a slightly thicker soup, purée half and return to the pan.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers The Co-operative unsmoked streaky bacon, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400g tin chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock (1 cube dissolved)
Subject to availability
Share this recipe: