Creamed Leek Bruschetta with Crispy Bacon and Mint
Serves: 10 / Preparation time: 10 minutes / Cooking time: 25 minutes
Cook the bacon under the grill until crisp, cool and chop into small pieces. In a medium frying pan heat 1tbsp of the olive oil and cook the leeks over a moderate heat for 2 minutes.
Now add the crushed garlic, thyme and continue frying for a further minute before adding the white wine and reduce to almost evaporated. Next pour in cream and bring to the boil, season with salt and milled pepper add the parmesan and chopped parsley and keep warm until needed.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the slices of bread and cook either under the grill or ideally on a griddle pan until crisp and golden. Take the whole piece of garlic and rub a little over one half of the bread and lay them onto a serving plate. Top each with a spoonful of the creamed leeks, crispy bacon and finally a little chopped mint and a drizzle of olive oil, enjoy.
You will need:
- 10 slices of French stick or ciabatta about 2cm thick
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 small leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 crushed 1 left whole
- 100ml white wine
- 200ml cream (double or whipping)
- 1/2.tsp fresh thyme
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 20g parmesan cheese
- 5 rashers of streaky bacon
- Small handful of fresh chopped mint
Subject to availability
Share this recipe: