Gorgonzola, Chutney and Hazlenut Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
Serves: 4 / Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 25 minutes
Large, flat, rounded mushroom with dark gills and a tan coloured outer surface. Rich and meaty in texture, even after cooking. Can be eaten raw or cooked, and works well stuffed.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- To prepare the mushrooms, remove their stalks, and spread each of the mushrooms with a tbsp. of chutney. On top of the chutney, sprinkle a good layer of the chopped hazelnuts, so each mushroom has the same amount. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the Gorgonzola, Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Fill the rest of the mushroom with the cheese filling.
- Drizzle a tsp of olive oil on top of each mushroom, and put in the oven to bake for around 25 minutes, or until the cheese is molten and the mushroom cooked through.
- Serve as a starter, on top of toasted ciabatta and rocket salad.