Halloween Fairy Cakes
Serves: 15 / Preparation time: 20 minutes / Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4. Place the margarine, caster sugar, flour, baking powder and eggs in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric whisk until light and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Bake for 15–20 minutes until risen and golden. They should spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl, add 30ml (2 tbsp) water and mix to a smooth paste.
- Ice the cakes.
- Decorate with sweets and the writing icing – use your imagination! Spiders’ webs, fireworks and colourful ghostly shapes all work well.
This recipe has one or more red traffic lights. It's fine to eat occasionally or as a treat.
You will need:
- 150g (5½ oz) The Co-operative sunflower margarine
- 150g (5½ oz) caster sugar
- 150g (5½ oz) The Co-operative self-raising flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3 The Co-operative medium free-range eggs
- 200g (7oz) icing sugar
- Tube of Smarties
- Pack of strawberry laces (optional)
- Ready-to-write icing
- 20 paper cases
Subject to availability
Share this recipe: