Serves: 8 / Preparation time: 10 minutes / Cooking time: 30 minutes
This is not a big tall cake - it’s meant to be quite shallow. It has almost a slightly chewy texture and is bursting with honey flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Line and grease the base of a 20cm round cake tin.
- Put the honey, butter and sugar into a small pan and heat very gently until the sugar and butter have melted.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the flour and eggs and beat together. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Check the cake after 20 minutes and cover with greaseproof and baking paper to stop it from going too brown on top.
- Sit the cake in the tin on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then, use a skewer to poke holes in the cake.
- Warm the remaining honey in a pan and drizzle over the cake.
- When totally cool, take out of the tin and dust with icing sugar.