Chocolate Mousse (gluten free)
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: NA
A light, fluffy, chocolate filled mousse, which, although low in sugar and gluten free, is completely delicious. Quick and easy, and can be made in advance, making it an ideal dinner party option.
- 180g dark chocolate
- 10 egg whites
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate and cocoa powder into a large bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth, and remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with the sugar until soft peaks form.
- Add the egg yolk into the chocolate, and stir until completely combined.
- Whisk in a third of the egg whites to the chocolate, and once smooth, fold in the rest of the egg whites with a spatula. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mousse into glasses. If you wish, you can top with fruit.
- Set in the fridge, until firmer, this will take about an hour.
- Serve sprinkled with cocoa powder.