‘Thank you’ packages handed to hospice staff for their efforts during these uncertain times
Central England Co-op has delivered ‘thank you’ packages to hospice staff across the country to show its appreciation for their efforts in caring for those with life-threatening and life limiting illnesses during these uncertain times.
The retailer, which has nearly 400 food stores and funeral homes across 16 counties, decided to make the gesture to show its support from one set of frontline workers to another.
The special packages are filled with tea, coffee, milk, biscuits, chocolate, hand cream and soap to allow key care workers to enjoy a nice treat when they are hard at working caring for the most vulnerable.
They have been handed out to hospices that support people in the following areas: Cambridgeshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Norfolk and Suffolk, Northamptonshire, Nottingham, Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Worcestershire.
Debbie Robinson, Central England Co-op Chief Executive, said: “Our hospice workers are playing a vital role in helping those who need them the most in these difficult times.
“This is why we wanted to do something, from one set of key workers to another, to thank them for their efforts and to give them a little treat from our nearby Central England Co-op teams.
“I am in awe of the efforts of all of our frontline workers, from our teams in food stores and funeral homes to those in the NHS, and the work they are doing to ensure our communities continue to be helped and supported.”
The parcels, which also feature a message of support for hospice workers, have been delivered to hospices located within close vicinity to Central England Co-op Food Stores and Funeral homes.
People can keep up to date with what is happening in their local community by visiting a dedicated online hub at www.centralengland.coop/updates
Notes to editors
Full list of hospices:
- Rainbows Hospice, Lark Rise, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 2HS
- Treetops Hospice, Derby Road, Risley, Derbyshire, DE72 3SS
- St Giles Hospice, Fisherwick Road, Whittington, Lichfield, WS14 9LH
- Acorns Hospice, 103 Oak Tree Lane, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 6HZ
- Dougie Macmillan Hospice, Barlaston Road, Blurton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 3NZ
- Katharine House, Weston Road, Stafford, ST16 3SB
- St Elizabeth Hospice, 565 Foxhall Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 8LX
- The Norfolk Hospice, Wheatfields, Hillington, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 6BH
- East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, 42 High Street, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6DF
- Arthur Rank Hospice, Cherry Hinton Road, Shelford Bottom, Cambridge, CB22 3FB
- Lakelands Hospice, Butland Road, Oakley Vale, Corby, Northants, NN18 8LX
- Barnsley Hospice, Church Street, Gawber, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S75 2RL
- Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice, Russell House, Fell Greave Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1NH
- Kirkwoods Hospice, 21 Albany Road, Huddersfield, HD5 9UY
About Central England Co-operative
Central England Co-operative is one of the largest independent retail co-operative societies in the UK with interests in food, funeral, floral, travel and property investment.
Co-operatives have always been there for their communities; they were formed to protect them and help them flourish.
Our 7,900 colleagues who serve Members and customers work hard to ensure that co-operative values, principles and spirit flow through everything we do to help support and improve our local communities.
Owned by hundreds of thousands of Members, we have over 430 trading outlets across 16 counties including West Midlands, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
We are proud of our reputation for ethical business practices and corporate responsibility.
We invest a percentage of our trading profit into local communities through our Community Dividend Fund scheme, have donated over £1.3 million to our corporate charity partner Dementia UK and also operate a pioneering food redistribution partnership with FareShare Midlands so unsold food goes to those in need.
Visit www.centralengland.coop for more information or follow us on Facebook or Twitter using @mycoopfood
Press office contacts: Rob Smyth and James Brindle
Phone - 01543 421390
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org