Visitors to our websites - Privacy Notice
Who we are
This privacy notice applies to all Central England Co-operative websites. These include our main corporate website www.centralengland.coop, as well as our subsidiary websites, including:
Central England Co-operative sites:
Co-operative Funeralcare sites:
Personal data we collect and use
When you use one of our websites, we collect any information that you provide during the course of using the site. This may include:
- Your name and contact details, including address, telephone number and email addresses
- If you contact us through social media (e.g. Twitter and Facebook), your username for that channel
- Personal data contained in any messages you send us
- Your IP address, operating system and web browser type
- If you are using a smartphone, your device’s unique ID
- Your marketing preferences
- If you register for members.coop, your username, password, email address, address, membership number, transaction history, your partner’s membership number (where you have partnered your cards on the account)
- If you register for myvoice.coop, your name and contact details
- If you order flowers online at flowers.coop, your name, address, contact information, recipient information, payment information. You can find more details on this on our Floral privacy notice here
- Any other personal data you give us
How we use your personal data
- To respond to you when you contact us through our website or one of our social media channels, on the grounds of our legitimate interest in responding to your enquiry
- To do data analysis using anonymous information from all the visitors to our website to give us a better understanding of how visitors use the site. We do this on the grounds of our legitimate interest to identify trends, manage future demand, improve our products and services, develop new products and services and serve you better as a customer. You cannot be identified from this information
- To send you information about our offers and promotions, products and services which we think will be of interest to you. If you are a member or an existing customer, we do this on the grounds that it is in our legitimate business interests to promote our offers, promotions, goods and services to you; if you are not a member or existing customer we will ask for your permission to send you marketing communications which you can withdraw at any time
- For survey responses on myvoice.coop, to analyse anonymous responses to surveys to understand trends and opinions. We do this on the grounds of legitimate interest in developing new products and services
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering
Who we share your personal data with
We use third party cookies, such as Google Analytics, to allow us to improve our website. For more information please see our Cookies Notice.
Our website includes links to our social media channels and 3rd party websites. When you use one of these buttons or links you are visiting a 3rd party website (such as Twitter or Facebook). We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for 3rd party websites and you should check their privacy notices before you submit any personal data to them.
Your personal data may be processed, where necessary, by contractors acting on our behalf. They may only use this data for the specified purposes we have agreed with them such as where we use separate software developers to maintain or upgrade our IT systems, and they need access to your personal data to allow them to undertake this work.
We may share your personal data, where necessary, with our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors acting in their professional capacity.
We will share your personal data where it is required by any regulatory or statutory organisations and to comply with the law, for instance in response to a court order, or with government or law enforcement agencies.
How long we keep your personal data
We will normally keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in this notice, including where it is needed to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes or to enforce agreements. This means we may keep your personal data for up to seven years after we have collected it.