Coronation Chicken with Mango
Serves: 8 / Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 5 minutes
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the spring onions and curry powder and cook gently for about 5 minutes until soft. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, tomato puree, mango chutney and cooled spring onions. Stir in the chicken.
If using fresh mango, cut the flesh either side of the stone, peel and cut the flesh into small pieces. Divide the mango between the lettuce leaves.
- If using grapes, cut into quarters and divide between the lettuce leaves. Top with the chicken and a little fresh chopped coriander.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 4tbsp The Co-operative Healthier Choice mayonnaise
- 4tbsp The Co-operative low fat natural yogurt
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 2tbsp mango chutney
- 300g cooked chicken meat, cut into chunks
- 1 mango or small bunch of red grapes
- 2 little gem lettuces
- Fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
Subject to availability
Share this recipe: