Creamy Leek and Chicken Chowder
Serves: 4 / Preparation time: 20 minutes / Cooking time: 30 minutes
In a large saucepan add the olive oil and gently cook the shallots for about 1 minute until soft. Then add the butter, leeks, garlic, carrot and chicken and continue to cook until the chicken has sealed and the leeks begin to soften, this will take about 5 minutes over a low-medium heat as you don’t want to brown any of the vegetables or the chicken.
Now stir in the flour and once incorporated, pour in the milk and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
Finally add the potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft over a medium heat stirring every so often. Season the chowder and just before serving add the chopped parsley and enjoy with some crusty bread.
250g Smoked Haddock can be used as an alternative to the chicken.
You will need:
- 2 The Co-operarive Elmwood chicken breasts, cut into small pieces2 leeks, finely chopped
- 5 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 300g Maris Piper potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 30g plain flour
- 400ml chicken stock (made from stock cube)
- 400ml semi skimmed milk
- Handful of chopped parsley
Subject to availability
Share this recipe: