- 200g Co-operative Fairtrade dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 50g muscovado Sugar
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 100g pecans
- 100g Co-operative plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. In a bowl over a pan simmering water, melt 80g of the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, beat together the sugar, butter and egg until smooth and fluffy. Tip in half of the nuts, the remaining 120g of chocolate, and the melted chocolate and stir through.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda, and fold through the rest of the mixture until everything is combined.
- Spoon 10 portions of the mixture onto a greased baking tray, making sure there is space between each biscuit to spread. Press the remaining nuts into the biscuits.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are firm.
- Allow to cool, and serve.